General Diet Advice
- Drink 2-3 liters of fluids every day.
- Eat 5 small meals and don’t miss out on breakfast. Start your day with a large glass of water.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables. They are a great source of water.
- Prefer fish and poultry to red meat.
- Prefer semi skimmed or skimmed dairy products.
- Use olive oil in your food and salads.
- Use less salt and sugar.
- Keep your weight stable. Strict diets are dangerous and rapid weight loss deprives our organism of fluids.
- Every meal should last more than 20 minutes. Don’t rush eating, and chew your food well.
- Add moderate exercise to your everyday routine.
HOW MUCH WATER HIDES IN FOOD?
|Olive oil and sugar||traces|
|Toast, cereals, dried nuts, spices, sweets and snacs,
coffee and cocoa powder
|Butter, honey, flour, legume, rice||10%-20%|
|Hard cheese, bread||20%-40%|
|Soft cheese, ice cream||40%-60%|
|Meat, fish, chicken, soups||60%-80%|
Content based on: Water Quality Association (WQA), International Water Association (IWA), World Health Organization (WHO), American Dietetic Association (ADA) and American Heart Association (AHA).